I was thinking about what blogs I could do to really get me started and I know this is a popular one with beauty guru’s on both blogs and YouTube, so I thought I’d jump on the bandwagon and give it a go!
I don’t think these are in any order there just a few of the things I love using and probably use more of than anything else!
My first product is one I purchased last year at duty free and was something I had wanted to try for soo long, so when I saw this I knew I had to have it and as a result wore it nearly every day whilst on holiday!
It is YSL’s Rouge Volupte in 2 Sensual Silk.
Id say the colour is a nude with peachy undertones and what I like about this is you do not have to wear anything else (apart from maybe a lip liner) with this product, there is no need for added gloss or anything!
The formulation is so creamy it is lovely, but sadly its not long lasting at all I find when I’m wearing this I’m constantly reaching for it to top up throughout the day which may not be practical for everyone. I also think with so many nude lipsticks out there it would be easy to pick one up that’s more long lasting and cheaper as I paid around £22 for this bad boy! On another note the packaging is fantastic, very standout-ish and I always feel good slapping this on in public!
The next product is Honey Love by MAC.
I got this as a complete surprise for my birthday and I’m so glad I did! It is another nude, yet darker than other nudes I’ve picked up from MAC such as Myth and Creme d’Nude.
It definitely looks browner on the swatch than it does on the lip and on me it is pretty much my perfect nude, it doesn’t wash me out and it doesn’t blend my lips into my face! It sits nicely so you can still tell I’m wearing a lipstick without having dark face pale lips syndrome.
It is a matt lipstick so it can be quite drying if my lips aren’t moisturised, so then I tend to wear it with either MAC’s Underage or Oyster Girl over the top for a bit more of a creamy finish.
The next product is one I just mentioned MAC’s Oyster Girl Lip Glass.
It is a tinted lipglass and MAC describes the colour as a freshwater oyster pink. To me in the bottle it looks more lilac with a lot of shimmer, but on the lip there isn’t as much sparkle as you’d think and worn alone there isn’t much colour either, that’s why I tend to wear it over lipsticks to add a shine, it also helps to prolong the time the lipstick stays on for which is really handy if I’m out and about and can’t stop.
Swatchess:
My next product is another MAC lipstick in the colour Hue.
This is one of my all time favourites due to its formulation, it is a glaze which instantly made me thought right this is going to be terrible and have no colour to it what so ever, but it looked pretty enough and I had seen guru’s on YouTube recommend it so I decided it might be useful over the top of something. How wrong was I?! I don’t know about anyone else but on me this colour does show up, its a very pale creamy pink:
It feels so smooth on my lips just like I’m wearing a lipstick and gloss combined but not heavy at all. On the downside the colour doesn’t seem to last long which I kind of expected, but if you don’t mind topping up is perfect for the day time =]
The next is my summer colour and I cannot wait for it to start getting warmer so I can wear this one!
Its MAC’s Ravishing, which is described perfectly as CORAL!!
It is a lovely coral with peachy undertones and I think this one will be a popular one for summer. It is a cremesheen so isn’t drying at all and feels very glossy on the lips.
Another plus is the colour lasts, I wore this for a night out and didn’t have to reapply as often as I thought I would which is great! Can’t wait to get pouting on holiday with this on =p
The next is another gloss and could be classed as a splurge item at £21 for a bottle. Its Dior’s Dior Addict Lip Maximizer Collagen Active Lip Gloss.
This item is marketed as a lip care system that is supposed to boost the volume of your lips and restructure them in the long run. It is a blend of hyaluronic – which is noted for its cushioning and lubricating properties and it is speculated that it may be the key to prevent premature ageing -and marine-based fillers that smooth, moisturize and leave lips plump.
Dior recommends that you apply it under lipstick or gloss for volume and shine, or every morning and night as a 15-day intensive cure.
When I apply this on my lips there’s a slight tingling sensation but nothing too harsh as often associated with lip plumpers, it feels - as weird as this may sound ‘minty’ it also has a lovely vanilla mint fragrance which is possibly one of the things that suckered me in in the first place!
Over natural lips
There isn’t a colour as such although it appears very pale pink in the bottle, there isn’t much evidence of this on the lips. I do feel like it smoothes and hydrates making my lips look slightly fuller.
As for the claim of it restructuring my lips? I’ve had this for a few months now and only use it every now and then – so I’ve not actually tried there 15 day programme, I might have to give it a go and report back!
On a whole I think this product is lovely on its own, it nourishes like a lip balm but has the appearance of a gloss. Ive even tried it over nude lipsticks such as MAC’s Honey Love, which smoothes out the lipstick brilliantly and gives a glossy shine.
Dior Gloss Over Honey Love
The final product I’m going to talk about is one I purchased last year whilst in Finland. I was actually looking for a heat protector as I stupidly didn’t bring enough to last me whilst I was there, but it was a good excuse to go shopping! Whilst in Forum shopping centre I came across a beauty store called Kicks which stocked many different brands of make up such as Clinique and Dior. It also had a brand I’d never heard of called ‘Make Up Store.’ So I decided to have a browse. I could have easily picked up loads from there, they had gorgeous blushes and eye shadows in a wide variety of shades but in the end I settled for a lip liner as Id been looking for a new one anyway so I could kind of justify buying it.
The shade is ‘Sandstorm’ and it is a pearly pink nude, I’ve tried to get a swatch of this but my attempt wasn’t brilliant! It seems to blend into my hand!
Failed Attempt =p
I love this product as a lip liner but I also apply it all over the lip as a base for my lipstick which works wonders, I find my lipstick giving off a stronger colour on my lips and improved wearing time.
[Just to give you a better idea of the colour!]
After trying this product I decided to research Make Up Store and found that it is a leading brand in Sweden and has stores predominantly around Scandinavia and I believe there is one in London too, so unless I’m travelling around there’s not much chance ill be seeing this brand =[ I think I’m going to have to put some more research in and find somewhere I can get my hands on more!
Hope that you enjoyed reading this post =] If anyone wants to link me to their favourites I'll be more than happy to read about them, orr post them in the comments below =]
No comments:
Post a Comment