Thursday, 10 March 2011

RIMMEL'S I LOVE LASTING FINISH FRUITIES

Rimmels AMAZING ON TREND SHADES WITH FRUITY SCENTS WHEN DRY!
About a week ago I purchased one of Rimmel’s ‘I Love Lasting Finish Fruities’ nail varnishes in the shade 053 Apricot Punch from Superdrug.

It is an absolutely lovely colour in the bottle – very summery! My reason for buying it is the last time I had my acrylic nails done I had a similar peachy coral colour applied on the tips with a gold band – it looked gorgeous! And like a fool I thought I could recreate this look myself – I couldn’t =p

I ended up applying the polish to the whole nail:




Sloppily might I add =p

And still it is a lovely colour, more vibrant than it appears in the bottle – but perhaps that’s just due to my acrylics?

The downside is it took 3 coats and Sally Hansen's diamond shine top coat to stop it from looking streaky and even now I'm not 100% convinced!

On the plus side Rimmel claims the polish has a fruity scent when dry and after 2 days I can still smell a faint sweet scent – but nothing too over bearing, so that’s a nice spin on things.

Overall I think this is a lovely nail varnish for summer if you don’t mind adding a few layers that is, and not bad for around £3 from Boots or Superdrug, I’ve got my eye on the Cranberry Zest next!




No comments:

Post a Comment